HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Monday, September 5, 2011

Time To Get CANDY

Hi There Friends,
OK, DH Birthday is officially over, but he's still enjoying a long relaxing weekend at home with us. Might do a little grilling tomorrow, we'll see. I know Halloween is coming up and I've been seeing some cute, cute projects out there. I've never really been too much into Halloween, except for the candy, but I love seeing the little kids all dressed up. Since being a first time Mom, I've enjoyed each moment of dressing up my little 2yr old. I already had her outfit for this year two months ago. This is the only time that I really allow myself to go all out with sweets. **sn: (buying the candies I like of course, this way what ever is left I/we get to enjoy...lol) ** I don't let my daughter indulge very often, but she gets a taste every once in a while. Anyhew, this brings me to the intro of my next project. Emma over at My Creative Time challenged us for her "Throwback Thursday" this past week to create a project using the colors: Purple, Orange, Black & Green. The other twist to this was that we could not use our Cricut machine; hence a Cricutless Challenge. Well thankfully for me I have some of her Wonderful, Awesome Dies from her latest release. In addition to her twist, I also put a twist on using her dies (see pics below). I soooo Love, Love, Love how this came out. I know I'm going to be making more of these for my niece and nephews. This was such a fun challenge; Cricut or not. Hope you're feeling better Emma...
On another note, my girl Paula over at More Than Favors for her Wacky Wednesday #49 challenges has asked us to create a "Halloween Project". Right now Paula hasn't been back to herself 100% because of a recent surgery. She's getting better each day and I wish her a healthy recovery. Stop by her blog, join in on the Fun and leave her some Get Well Love Comments. Hope you're healing and getting better Paula...
Here my Suh-Weet Project. Smooches...
 (Die cut 2 - Gift Card Holders)
(Score both at 1 1/2" from the bottom),
(Fold & Glue one inside the other at Folded Score mark)
(Fill Treat Bag, Insert in between holder and Close Top Ends together with Ribbon)
(May also want to seal Top edge with a glue on each side)
(Embellish & Decorate)
Voila!! - "A Treat Bag" Holder...that's my twist...lol.
Recipe:
Paper: K & Company (Halloween)
Tools: EK Scallop Punch, MCT (Stitched Circle/Scallop, Gift Card Holder), iRock, Clear Bag (Scrap from $1 Stamp)
Embellies: Michael's (Bling, Stamp, Ribbon), iRock Gems

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful new use for Emma's gift card die! I most certainly will be trying this out! Love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun treat bag, great job!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did to this "Gift card holder" die!!! I am THOROUGLY impressed my friend!!! THANK YOU for showing all of us, yet "another" way that this die can be used! thanks for joining us!
    Big Gypsy hugs,
    emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I love it. You are so creative!!

    Jamie
    Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing! I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooohhh I like this!! Such a cute idea!!
    xoxo Charity
    thebookinroom.blogspot.com
    thebookinroom.hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute treat bag! There are a few children in my neighborhood that I would love to give something like this for Halloween...thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab! Love all the papers you used.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the gift card holder. Soo creative.

    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever treat bag, I love the bling on your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great idea!! Looks fabulous too!! Thanks for sharing!!

    cherie.goyer at gmail.com
    http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...