HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's Design Team Day @ "Inking It Up Crazy"

Hello Friends,
It's Design Team Day over at "Inking It Up Crazy". We were asked to do a "Home Decor" project. I must admit that I had a little struggle with this one. I knew what I wanted to do in my head, but when it came to execution, well... let's just say I had "Designer's Block". I was stuck, stumped, stiff... I knew it needed something else but I couldn't figure out what. Luckily with the help and inspiration of others and sleeping on it over night. I got up with an Ahh Haaa moment. We've all had these I'm sure. Anyhew what you see below is my much better designed "Home Decor" project. I won't dare show you my before and after pictures that would awful. I might even loose a follower or two if I did...lol. I do know now that I need to do more crafting Home Decor projects... for some reason I've lost a little mojo in that area. I created this project for our family home. I love the Fall Season and all the colors it has to offer. I love decorating our house in those colors too. It makes everything feel nice & cozy. The project is going to be our Family Frame Picture. I'm going to frame it and put it on the wall with our Family Wall Photos. It will blend nicely because there are different colored frames on the wall that all blend with this "Family Frame". I absolutely LOVE IT! and I hope you do too.
The inspiration behind this idea came from a very talented lady in her own right, that I'm sure most of you all know. Tammy Skinner over at "Creative Crittersz". Check out her video on the Home Decor project she did.
Don't forget to Check Out the Design Team over at Inking It Up Crazy to see what the rest of they came up with. You're sure to be impressed. Don't forget to leave them some Love Comments. Enjoy your day. Smooches...
Recipe:
Cart: Storybook &
Papers: DCWV, PTI, Recollections
Tools: Vintage Photo & Antique Linen Distress Inks, White Gel Pen, Perfect Pearls(Metallics)
Embellies: PTI(Vintage Buttons), Dollar Store(Hemp Cord, Autumn Leaves)
This is also being entered into the following challenge(s):

15 comments:

  1. Okay... this one came out SOOOOO much better =) Super cute... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty love the leaves!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo nice! It's so pretty and autumn-appropriat. I lovee how you used the leaves and all the patterned papers.
    Sometimes we all have those projects where we go -- "what was I thinking??" lol. This turned out really nicely though. I want to do more home decor projects as well; this is a wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very hard for me to come up with my home decor project too. I love doing home decor projects now. This challenge was my first one. I love the fall colors, and you're right, it does make everything feel nice and cozy.

    Jennifer (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this came out gorgeous! I would be very proud to hang this is my home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and good idea about framing it!
    xoxo Charity
    thebookinroom.blogspot.com
    thebookinroom.hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project. Perfect for fall.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project. I need to start on my fall decor.

    Candace
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful leafs, great fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! TFS!

    cherie.goyer at gmail.com
    http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...