HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Friday, July 29, 2011

It's That Time Again!... MAG Challenge #37 - Hello Kitty Greetings Pg. 65

Hello Friends,

 I hope everyone is having a Fantabulous Friday. I was sooo excited when I found out that our MAG Design Team had to use the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge. I'm not sure if you're like me, but Hello Kitty was and still is my favorite childhood character. I'm hoping it will be my little 2 year old's too, but for now she's all about DORA (lol). This weeks MAG Challenge #37 will be using the Hello Kitty Greetings pg 65. If this is your first time hearing of MAG Challenges, then let me give you a little scoop and you can head on over to blog and read for yourself and JOIN IN ON THE FUN!!!
 MAG Challenges by the Page => Cricut Cartridge Creations using ONLY the images on the given page. May not be combined with other cartridge cuts or other pages on that cartridge. In other words
...for MAG Challenges you cannot use any other Cricut cartridge or page from another cartridge, only the one specified.  However, you are free to use all the embellishments and other treasure from your stash!!
  Sooo what are YOU waiting for??? My fellow MAG DT Members have some fabulous inspiration for you. So head on over there and check us out, leave us some Love Comments and by All Means... JOIN US FOR THE FUN! You Know You Want To...(lol). Of course, there is Blog Candy involved, so you asked. Here is the Design I created, which I hope inspires you to JOIN US @MAG!
(click image to see larger)
Recipe:
Cart - Hello Kitty Greetings Pg. 65 (only) - I cut everything at 2 3/4"
Papers - DCWV, Recollections, Bazzil Basics Bling
Tools - MS Punch (Dove, Snowflakes), EK Punch (Labels), White Gel Pen, MPS (Winter Punnies), i-Rock
Embellies - Stickles, MS Glitter, Bling

I can tell you that this was an easy project in my head to put together, but when it came to putting it to fruition, I was reminded why I Love and not-so love this cartridge sometimes. Those Dang tiny pieces when it comes to layering and putting everything together. Don't get me started on those eyes and nose pieces...whew! **sn: I also had to do this without my gypsy, which would have been a little easier, but it was still hung up on my computer doing an update with Cricut Sync. Ugghh ** On top of that it started thundering & lightening and I had to shut everything down even in the middle of the update. Dbl Ugghh **. But I LOVE, LOVE the result regardless of the work behind it. I call it "My True Blue Winter Kitty". Let me know your thoughts. I Love reading your comments, my friends. Smooches...

p.s. I will also be entering this into the following other challenges:
Birthday Sundaes - Inspirational Photo (color challenge)
More than Favors - Christmas in July
Cricut Cardz Challenge - Holiday "Anything Goes"
Cricut 360 - Transportation
Now that's what I call... MAG-zimizing your Design! LOL, I couldn't resist...LOL!!!

19 comments:

  1. This turned out really CUTE! I Love the colors... and Hello Kitty is simple Adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Cricut Cardz! :o)

    Theresa (CCC DT)
    www.miislucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this HK especially since shes in my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, love how you made it a holiday theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love how you turned this into a winter card!! How genius is that! :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you turned this darling card into a winter card. It is great that you could enter it into other challenges as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card Came out super I love the colors and the bling
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute....love Hello Kitty, I know what you mean about the little pieces. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute. I love the colors. Thank you for joining us at Cricut360.

    Hugs,
    Patty- DT
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like your holiday Hello Kitty card. Especially like the colors. Just finished mine and entered it into couple challenges also. At 4" size there were still some small pieces to assemble.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable. Love the colors!! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360.

    Leirad
    leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is adorable, love the wintery scene details! Great holiday card :0)
    Thanks for playing with us over at Cricut 360!
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable card!
    btw, you're my giveaway winner from a few weeks ago. Send me your address please. whichcraft@me.com

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card, you did a great job on the challenge, thanks so much for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Felicia... .Thanks for playing along at Cricut 360º...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! Love the winter theme!!!Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just too cute! New follower and lovin' your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Cricut 360!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a new design team member with Inking It Up too. Look forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...