HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011 - Week 4; PBD Community "Embossed, Embossing"; ...and a little "Wacky Wednesday - Cricutless Challenge"

First & Foremost... WE HAVE A/C AGAIN!!
Woo Hoo!!! Didn't know if I/We could last another night.
 On another note, Oh No... say it ain't so. It's Week 4 of my Summer Card Camp with Jennifer McGuire & Kristina Werner. Which means this is the last week with these very talented ladies and what they've shared with us. I can say for sure that I have definitely gotten out of my comfort zone and challenged myself to go beyond the standard stamping, inking, embossing...etc basics. I wish they would somehow add a Bonus week because I don't want it to end. Woo woo woo...
Our next color challenge (some of my FAVs) for Week-4 is shown below and this is the design I challenged myself to create.
(click on image to see larger)
OK, because I did a lot more to this card and tried a few techniques, one I added my own flair. I'll share what I did with this one:
A2 Recipe:
The background layer of the card is the one that took the most work. This is a technique I got from StampTV and one of my favorite bloggers out there Paula from More Than Favors. She has some demo pics on her step by step technique of this over on the Pink by Design Blog. Here's my take on it.
  • I inked the entire WHITE background layer of the card with Versamark Ink,
  • I then took embossing powder, color by color and poured it on a section of the versamark ink until the card was completely covered in sort of a rainbow effect on the card. (I poured up any excess of the embossing powder back into its valve before pouring on the next color) 
  • Once the card layer was completely covered, I used my Heat Gun to melt it all down which blended the colors together quite nicely. **sn ( I wasn't sure how it was going to come out, but that was my added flair, since I've only seen this done with 1-color over the entire layer of the card)**.
  • After the Heat Embossing was done, I took my Cuttlebug embossing folder "Script" and ran the layered card through it. Wow! was I impressed.
  • I then used the Tim Holtz Sander and sanded down some of the embossed "Script" to allow the white to show through the card which added sort of a vintage look
Other steps items used were:
Stamps: PTI (Beautiful Blessings, Day Dreamer)
Tools: EK Punch (Butterfly) - I ink blended those also by hand, Tim H. Distresser (around Dandelion flowers)
Embellies: Bling (Flower centers), Ribbon (my stash)
I know I should have took step-by-step photos, but this won't be my last time trying this, so I'll make sure to do it next time. Well there you go. Feel free to try this for yourself. I know I'm going to be hook on this for a long time. With that being said I've decided to spread this card around and put it in a few challenges out there:
1. Summer Card Camp 2011
2. Paula's - PBD Community Forum "Embossed Embossing" (Make sure you join the PBD Community so you can view all the fun stuff out there.. It's FREE to join!)
3. Paula's - Wacky Wednesday "Cricutless Challenge"

On another serious note, I forgot to mention earlier that I wanted this card to go to a fellow blogger for a wonderful heart that she has. Her name is Madison over at Funky Cards. She has started an "I Feel The Love" project and I think it's definitely worth checking out and Participating In. All cards for July will be dedicated to "Marley Moore" (click here to read her story) for the I Feel The Love project.
 Wow I got a 4-for-1. Can I get a Woo Hoo with 3-Snaps Up...lol. Let me know what you think. Smooches...

7 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful!!!! Thank you for Join this weeks Wacky Wednesday Challenge! I have to add that embbosing Folder to my list!

    Happy Crafting!
    Paula
    morethanfavors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is amazing! Love your "rainbow" effect and your tutorial on how you did it... I bet it is even prettier IRL! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card...you are in my favorites without a doubt..
    Pierrette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all the detail work you put into the embossed background.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love this card! The technique you used is amazing! The colors look so good. I think this turned out so nice!!! Thank you so much for sending it to my I Feel the Love Project. You ROCK!!!
    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...