HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Design Team Call at My Pink Stamper

Hi Friends...
It's me, braving the hot box again. It's actually a lot cooler at night when the house is still and quiet. I know I'm going to regret being up this late when my two year old gets up. Aieh-Vey! Anyhew... Have you Heard the News! It's now a new term for My Pink Stamper's Design Team. This was one of the reasons I started my blog in the first place back in January. I didn't make that call, but I will surely be trying again and again if need be. Robyn is one of the many sweetest persons out there. You can really feel her genuine love for her family, followers and friends. I can't believe that she's ever met a stranger that didn't feel touched by her warm spirit. I know I have and I haven't even met her in person. Well it's time for me to bring some Serious "A" Game this time around. I've learned a lot along the way since I started blogging and I'm ready to share some of my growth that continues and is un-ending. We still have no AC, and this card has been 4-days in the making since I first learned of her new Design Team Call. There are a lot of stamp makers out there and I know we'd all love to design for all of them if we could. Robyn, I will say is one of those top stamp makers (in my book) I would love, love, love to design for. Hop on over to the My Pink Stamper Design Team Call to learn more about the specifics of the DT Call. Feel free to join in. I know she'd love to have an entry from you too.
As the Challenge, we were asked to:
Make a card, scrapbook page, or other Cricut project with your favorite Cricut cartridge using the following colors......

Orange
Turquoise 
Green
Brown
(other optional color of your choice)
 For some reason my mind went immediately to a Summer Design card. I don't know why, but I guess it could have been steered from the all HEAT I'm still experiencing with no AC. I wanted something tropical looking or beachy so that's where my mind went and I just went with it. **sn: (my mind tends to go off on a lot of places and sometimes gets lost trying to find its way back...lol; Yeah I hope you're laughing With ME and not At ME, because I know you're all guilty too... It's called Day Dreaming...LOL)**. Anyhew... without further a due, here is my card for the DT Call.
(click on image to see larger)
A7 Recipe:
Carts: Life's a Beach, Doodlecharms
Papers: Bazzil Bling Basics, Recollection
Tools: My Pink Stamper (Punny-licious), Peachy Keen (Wide Eyed Kids), Cuttlebug (D'vine Swirl), Tim Holz Broken China (Distressor for Sky Background), White Gel Pen
Embellies: Googly Eyes (Crab), Tim Holz Orange Peel Stickles (Skirt Trim, Nails-Hand & Toes), Stickles (flower centers), Studio-G Flocking Powder (Sand)
Personal Touch: I drew in the face on the Hula Girl as I didn't have a small enough stamp to use.
 I think I got all of the elements required in there. Wish me luck. Robyn will be announcing her new Design Team on a Live Broadcast, Saturday - July 23rd. I'll be practicing my Sun Drop dance...LOL! Smooches...

15 comments:

  1. Oh Felicia, what an awesome card my friend. You did a FABULOUS job! Best of luck to you. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck hon... your card is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks incredible, I love all the detail you added! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! You have made one amazing card! So many details that just pop out at you! Best of luck!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone. Instead of just making a regular Greeting Card, I wanted to make a "Scenic Card". A slight out of the box creation. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicia, so cute and so bright! Love this:) Good luck with the DT call. I posted the winner of the blog hop today. Thank you again for everything.
    ~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I gotta start using my cricut more... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness! I really love your card. Is the hula girl on lifes a beach cart. love,love, love this card. althought giggles I thought your crab was a monkey at first. sorry about that. I have never used flocking powder looks awesome. did a wonderful job on the hulas girls face. Just became a new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
    Minta
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ALOHA! I love it! Such a fun, summery, happy card. Totally made me smile. :) Good luck with the DT call.
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Felicia,

    You definitely brought your A game! Awesome job...love all the little details and the hand drawn face looks like the PK faces, so great job!!

    Good luck on making the DT and Congrats on the awesome blog hop!! Glad to have been a part of it...

    nicole t.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! How adorable. You did a GREAT job! I wish you luck.
    Susan
    itsmesusanp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. your card is adorable! so many fun details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...