HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Monday, July 18, 2011

Birthday Sundaes & Tacky Tuesday Challenge

Hi Everyone,
 I've haven't been online in a while, only through my phone. Our AC has been out since Friday and I've been miserable. Having no AC in South Florida during the Summer is Brruu-talll. I keep praying we get it fixed soon. In the meantime, I told my DH that as long as the AC is Out, So am I by going to the malls. I can't help it if I end up buying a little something or two...lol. It wouldn't be sooo bad if we didn't have a water boiling ordinance on top of that and to add even more, it's been raining. Well you would think that should keep things cool a little, but it's no fun when you're caught outside in it. All while trying to keep my little two year old as cool and calm as possible. Enough of my little personal journal...
 On another note, I did manage to get in my craft area for just a short bit of time until the sweat starts running down. I really relied on my gypsy to create and setup the items I needed and I had to go into the living room to put things together. Remember I share my craft space with part of the office space in our home. Well I'm hoping to get this card I made in on a 2-for-1 deal. I just had to enter Ruthie's Tacky Tuesday Challenge over at September Ninth. We had to make a "Cool Treat" using the word "Sweet" in it. I tell you, looking at all those cool treats really made me want to eat every last one in hopes it would cool me off. In addition, Birthday Sundaes was having a "Anything Goes Birthday Card" challenge. Since I knew I couldn't stay in my craft space too long before sweating I had to make something that I could use for both challenges. I hope my card is worthy as an entry. Have a look for yourself. Let me know what you think. Smooches...
Hey what good is ice cream without cake. I always like to have both even though I don't need either one of them. I guess the ice cream cone must have felt the heat in here as it started melting while I was making it...lol.
 A2 Recipe:
Cart: Sweet Treats, From My Kitchen
Paper: M&MBI, Bazzil Bling Basics, Recollections
Tools: MPS (Punny-licious & Winter Punnies) - I masked two different stamps to make the sentiment.
Embellies: Brads, Hearts, Bling (my stash)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Felicia, what an awesome card you've created. Awesome job! I hope your air gets fixed soon...we would surely die here in Texas (figuratively). ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on this challenge Felicia... you did fabulous... Thanks for playing along at Birthday Sundaes...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No a/c!! I'm hoping by now it's fixed. Your card is super sweet - I love the heart bling! Thanks for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...