HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's PKS Time - Sketch Challenge #53 with a Twist

Ok, Ok...so I left a few element out on this challenge. I've since revisited by design because I know it needed a little more something, but I just could figure out what at the time. I've added a touch or two to it and now I think this is it for it. You be the judge. (See After & Before).
AFTER
OK, I've been crafting away working on soooo many projects at once, that I'm frantic about if I'm going to get to finish them all in time. When I saw this challenge over on Peachy Keen Stamps (one of my all time FAVORITE stamp places in the whole wide world). I couldn't resist as I figured I could incorporate what I'm already working on into this sketch challenge. Head on over there to the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge Blog and join us all in on the fun:
THE CHALLENGE
Sketch Challenge with a TWIST
 
-- Create a card based on the layout AND twist provided (Peachy Keen Stamps are not required for this challenge, but if you got 'em, we always love to see what you create with them!) 
-- Project must include basic elements from provided sketch & a sponging technique (here is a great tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers if you haven't tried it before.)
Here's my take on the Challenge:

BEFORE
Recipe:
A2 Card Base
Papers = Recollections, Stampin' Up (Summer Sun), Pattern Graduation Paper
Carts = Easter 2010 (Doily), Locker Talk (Graduation Cap)
Tools = EK Success Punch (Scallop Circle), Martha Stewart Glitter (Silver), MS Metallic Ink (Doily, Scallop Circle and Card Base)
Stamps = PKS Everyday Character Faces
I have so many graduations coming up that I don't want to be caught at the last minute trying to make one. Not to mention my daughter's party is this Saturday and I haven't made the party favors yet. I've done a lot of cut outs, but I just haven't pieced everything together yet. Then there's Father's Day just around the corner. Aiyee Vey! Anyhew, I hope you all like what I came up with. Please feel free to share your comments. Don't forget to check out the challenge and the other designers that have some Beautiful creations themselves. Smooches....

2 comments:

  1. This is soooo adorable!!!! great way to follow the sketch!!! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute graduation card! The background paper is perfect! I liked the before and after pictures! Thanks for joining the PK challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...