HomeAbout MeLabelsGalleryDesign ResumeVideosContact Me

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Birthdays are Nature's way of telling us to Eat More Cake...

Hi Everyone,

I am soooo proud of myself. I've almost gotten my craft organization finished. Just a little more touches here and there and a little more storage space savers to go. I almost think I'm making things too organized. I almost don't want to touch anything and move it out of place for fear I'll mess it up again. Hey, who am I kidding that what we scrappers do...lol!

Anyhew, one of my co-workers has a birthday coming up and I almost forgot about it. **sn: I try to tell people..."My Head Bad", but they don't listen**. I came home and thought what could I do. Buying a card would be totally Out Of the Question!!! Not from a True Sworn Scrapper like myself. **sn: Sometimes I think this talent of ours can be a curse, now everyone will expect a hand-made card or craft of some sort...NOT! LOL!***

OK, I'm rambling now. Here are a few pictures of what I came up with. I won't spoil the surprise on what I gave them, but I'm sure it will come in handy. My intentions were to make something quick, **sn: for some reason my thoughts of a project is always quick, but the task at hand always seems to be a little longer than planned** then I realized I didn't have a bag for the gift either. Luckily for me I bought these set of kraft bags from Michael's that come in a bulk of 13. Whew; boy was that a smart purchase. I've had them for a little while now, sooo I made a matching Gift Bag & Card set.

Recipie:
Papers: Bazzil Basics "Bling", k*i memories (patterned paper), Recollections
Ribbon: Michael's $1 Bin
Flowers: Recollections, Prima Flowers, Mini Flowers $1 bin at Joann's
Embellies: Stickles (candles), EK Punch (candles), Bling (on bag & envelope),
Sentiment: Fiskars Collection "Make a Wish Quotes", Stampology (envelope), Inkadinkado
Cuttlebug: Happy Birthday
Ink: Martha Stewart (inked edges of card and HB label on bag), Embossed inside of card
Card = Standard A2 w/layers @ 1/4in smaller
Bag = Patterned Paper cut at 7 1/4" x 7 3/4", Solid cut at 2" x 8"

I had Fun making this and will be doing a lot more sets like these. Hope you like what I came up with. It's late, so Goodnight all. Smoochezzzzzz...

1 comment:

  1. Hello~ I am a new follower who made my way over via MOMO's blog.
    You have a lovely blog & I have enjoyed browsing your pretty creations.
    I am sure I will be back.
    Hope you can follow me too.
    Best wishes.
    Crafty hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the Craft Love...